Monday, August 8, 2011

For The Love of Baby - A burpcloth DIY

Hi all! Sarah here! I've decided to start a little series of DIY's called For The Love of Baby, since I will be sewing alot of little projects for my baby girl in the next couple of months. She's due to arrive in October, so I better get going on these things!



Today I'm showing yall some burpcloths I whipped up today. I promise these things will take you maybe 30 minutes to make. That is if you aren't making them during naptime and have to keep getting up to deal with a 2 year old crying for Mommy. :)

You will need:
1 piece of fabric 15" x 9"
1 piece of terry cloth 15" x 9
Thread to match.
 (My thread is brown because I'm too lazy to change out the thread there was brown in the fabric.)

Lay the pieces right sides together. Using a 1/2 inch seam allowance, sew all the way around leaving a 4 inch gap in one end for turning right side out. Clip the corners, it makes top stitching a lot easier. Now flip right side out and use a pointy object to get the corners really poked out.


Ok, now just top stitch all the way around. Make sure you fold the seam under where you left the hole to turn it right side out. I use the smallest seam allowance possible here and align the fabric with the presser foot. This stitch is totally up to you. As you can see, my first two cloths had a straight stitch and this one I used a zig zag. I actually think I prefer the straight stitch. Use your creativity!


Enjoy your finished product! I really don't have any burpcloths for The Girl so I just whipped these up from scraps I had. Also, they are always for sell in my Etsy shop - Liberty's Closet Shop. :)


So, go create!
- Sarah

Photobucket

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

No comments: