Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Feather Wreath

Hey all this is our first post, hopefully we can keep it up.

I have 2 baby showers to go to this month so I decided to make both friends a door hanger for their hospital room door.

The supplies you will need:
                                                          1 18" wire wreath $3.50
                                                     2 24" feather boas $5.00 each
                                                              Some floral wire
                                                Spray paint to match your boa color
                                                                    Ribbon
                                                  Wood letter from HobLob $1.99
                                                 Wood plaque from HobLob $1.99
                                                                Craft paint

 My first friend, Tara, is having a little boy and his first name starts with an H.
The first thing I did was paint my letter and plaque in a baby blue color and add some brown vinyl that I cut out on my Silhouette. I added some ribbon to the back to hang them from my wreath.


When the baby gets here they can just fill in the information.

Then I moved on to the wreath.

I first spray painted my form brown just in case any of it showed through.
Then I started wiring my brown boa to the form. (Sorry for the picture quality)


I just went all around the frame until it was covered in the brown.

Next, I had to decide how I wanted to add my blue.


I decided to wrap it all the way around the form to make the wreath have a striped effect.
Added my wood plaques and all finished!



A custom made baby gift for around $20
I love it! Now on to making a couple more cute gifts for my friends that I will post later.
See yall - Candis.

Linking up here: Savvy Southern Style

No comments: